A part of the Tata group, India’s largest industrial conglomerate, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) has over 385,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $17.58 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017.
TCS is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organisation that delivers real results to global businesses, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. It offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT, BPS, infrastructure, engineering and quality engineering services.
TCS offers Quality Engineering & Transformation services (QET) across the testing value cycle, including test consulting and advisory, test services implementation and managed services for test environments and test data management.
TCS is a major employer in the UK and the rest of Europe. Its employees cover 50 locations and 350-plus customers across Europe, including 44 of the FT Europe Top 100.
TCS QET has been helping enterprises in the UK and the rest of Europe in their digital transformation journey, accelerating speed-to-market, assuring superior end-customer experience, reducing cost of quality and mitigating risk. For this, TCS QET has invested in Digital Assurance capabilities, recent methodologies such as Agile, DevOps and CI/CD, a world-class Customer Experience Center (CEC), QA Innovation Labs, and partnerships with leading product vendors.
Leading analyst firms – the Everest Group, Gartner, HfS, IDC, NelsonHall and Ovum – recognise TCS QET as a leader in the QA and testing space.
TCS QET Differentiators
- Digital assurance capabilities: TCS QET has invested extensively in digital assurance capabilities, creating award-winning tools and accelerators that assure digital transformation of enterprises.
- Next-gen QA offerings: Focusing on accelerated speed-to-market for enterprises and assuring superior end-user experience, TCS QET has built next-generation offerings and taken the lead in the market. Independent industry analysts acknowledge this. A case in point is the AI-powered TCS 360 Degree Assurance, a solution that leverages advanced AI methods like machine learning, natural language processing, artificial neural networks and linear regression for problem analysis and root-cause identification, test suite optimisation and defect prediction.
- State-of-the-art labs: TCS QET has invested in the TCS Digital Transformation Studio and Customer Collaboration Center, San Francisco, the TCS Mobility CEC in India and the TCS Innovation Lab, Cincinnati, which showcase the latest devices, tools, infrastructure and accelerators.
- Quality Engineering expertise: TCS QET’s decades of experience in Quality Engineering has attracted innovative and uniquely talented consultants with deep domain and QA knowledge and experience and enabled it to have direct positive impact on customer’s businesses.
Business heads across Europe have appreciated TCS’s contribution to the continent. 2016‑17 Whitelane Research findings report:
- 1,500 C-level executives from Europe’s top companies across 13 countries have given TCS the industry’s highest general satisfaction rating (79%), ahead of 24 other top IT services companies
- For the fourth consecutive time, TCS has emerged ahead of its competitors:
- Scored 7%-plus, on average, in all 11 KPIs polled
- #1 in 6 KPIs, including delivery, account management, proactivity, trustworthiness, change management and business value
- #1 in application services and infrastructure services; retained pole position in the UK, the Nordics, Germany and The Netherlands
- TCS is #1 in UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands and the Nordic region
- TCS is one of the top three in France
TCS partners with over 200 schools and academic institutions to develop cutting-edge digital skills benefitting over 51,000 students.
Recent Awards and Recognitions
- The world’s most powerful brand in IT Services (Brand Finance, the world’s leading brand valuation firm)
- The top employer in North America, Europe, UK, India, Latin America and Australia for five years running, till 2017
- Britain’s Top Employer for five consecutive years, till 2017 (The Top Employers Institute, Amsterdam)
- A Business Superbrand for 2015-17
- One of UK’s leading employers for women (2016 Times Top 50 Employers for Women)
- Winner of the Best Education Project for its IT Futures initiative (The 2016 National CSR Awards)
- Winner of the Social Responsibility award for its IT Futures initiative (The 2016 UK Employee Engagement Awards)
Commitment to the Community
The premium TCS places on commitment to the community may be gauged by the following:
CSR Initiatives: TCS invests millions of pounds every year in corporate social responsibility. It supports over 40 charities across Europe. TCS employees volunteer 100,000-plus hours annually, supporting social causes and community projects.
TCS IT Futures: TCS’s multi‑award‑winning community engagement programme and a part of the TCS Purpose4Life initiative, IT Futures, aims to inspire a generation of young people to work at the forefront of technological change. Since 2013, TCS has dedicated over 8,000 hours to this initiative, engaging over 170,000 students aged 7-25 years.
TCS Eco Futures: This initiative, focusing currently on energy efficiency, waste, recycling and business travel, engages TCS employees across UK to reduce their environmental footprint.