Director of QA
Ilya started his career as tester more than 19 years ago and have held various individual contributor and managerial roles in quality assurance, engineering and testing organizations at several industry domains including Telecom (Microsoft Corporation), Network security (Cisco Systems), Enterprise IT software (CA Inc), Information security (RSA Security) and e-commerce.
Experienced in implementing lean, lightweight quality processes, leading international teams, both in corporations and startups, Ilya works now out of Berlin as a Director of QA for HelloFresh SE leading company’s software quality strategy in hyper-diverse environment.
“Quality is everyone’s responsibility? Yes, now what?”
We all agree that “quality is everyone’s responsibility”, but what does it practically mean? After all if everyone is responsible, many times – no one really is. In this talk I will outline the three fundamental layers of quality software delivery system (Prevention, Detection and Analysis) in perspective of how we want those layers to change with time to allow faster delivery, how engineering roles should evolve to support it and which parts of it fall into who’s domain of ownership, and finally how it is applied in decentralized, squad-based engineering organization, like “HelloFresh SE”, in a scalable way.
- How quality software delivery system and its change trajectory can be used as a tool for process optimization
- How engineering roles have and still evolve , and what future might hold for some of them
- Learn about practical implementation of new roles in decentralized, squad/guild-based organization like HelloFresh SE
Tuning the modern quality delivery process
In modern, fast-paced agile delivery processes, at the era of whole team responsibility, as we “Shift Left” or “Taking the Quality Upstream” it’s sometimes not really clear who does what and when. Let’s work together, share our experiences, and define some of the moving parts in the modern quality process by tackling topics like:
- What makes the PO be “quality oriented”?
- What product developers can/should do to increase the quality of the delivered product?
- What are the behavioral patterns and responsibilities that modern QA engineers’ needs in one-to-many multidisciplinary teams to influence and increase quality?
- Should QA stop testing and become a full time coach?
- In-sprint automation: a chimera or reality?
- What are the actionable quality metrics for fast agile delivery process?
- Is modern QA really representing end customer while shifting left, and how to make it so?