Pi-top, an education company, today launched its new laptop, designed to make experimenting, coding and building electronics “simple and fun”.
The laptop is a platform, ideal for consumers and students, with an “engaging and fun” inventor’s kit, which includes components needed to create projects ranging from music to space themes.
The pi-top laptop also offers educational entertainment applications, including Minecraft for Pi and CEEDuniverse; a space exploration game designed by pi-top to help develop coding and computer science skills.
The new modular laptop, pi-top, features several key enhancements:
- Beautiful display with a 14-inch 1080P Full High-Definition LCD screen
- A full-sized sliding keyboard to allow easy access to an in-built modular rail which enables custom-built invention projects
- The latest Raspberry Pi 3 micro-computer with custom Cooling Bridge
- 8 – 10 hours of battery life, providing lots of power for making
- Built-in cloud management to provide additional storage and remote access to user data
Jesse Lozano, CEO of pi-top, said: “pi-top’s mission is to provide powerful, inspiring products that bring science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics to life.
“Our newest-generation of modular laptops helps achieve that goal. Now, anyone from young musicians to scientists to software developers to inventors can explore and create wonderful new projects using the pi-top laptop.
“We’re offering learning beyond the screen and keyboard, enabling wider exploration of computer science and basic electronics, ensuring that young learners have the opportunity to be inspired by a world of STEAM-based learning.”
As part of the development process, the pi-top R&D team incorporated feedback from over 1,000 teachers, students and schools to create an engaging platform which integrates all elements of STEAM learning, making them accessible to users at any stage of learning.
Written from press release by Leah Alger