Software development company, Micro Focus, has launched a new Robotic Process Automation (RPA) product, which it says is a ‘scalable and resilient solution designed to increase enterprise productivity’.
Micro Focus’ new RPA product will deliver UI and API-based RPA to enterprise businesses, allowing them to build, secure and scale automated business processes, from legacy to modern.
It also automates error-prone UI-based human actions on legacy apps and integrates them with modern IT process automation – accelerating digital transformation initiatives.
Tom Goguen, Micro Focus’ chief product officer, said: “Micro Focus RPA delivers on key capabilities such as scalability, resiliency and security that our customers and partners demanded. It adapts to UI changes, automates UI and API-based applications, and includes real-time auditing and traceability, giving our customers the confidence to deploy RPA across the enterprise while providing for centralised governance and compliance for their digital workforce.”
Robotic process automation
Micro Focus states the capabilities of its new robotic process automation product as including:
- Easy-to-use design studio: An intuitive design interface that allows users to easily record screen actions and design sophisticated end-to-end RPA workflows, visually or with
- Cross-platform connections: A technology-rich product that combines UI automation with API and other integration methods to connect business processes spanning old and new
- Scalable robots: A worker-queue-based architecture to scale robots up or down as workloads change, making it possible to run hundreds or thousands of robots at
- Centralised security: A centralised dashboard to manage the robots that have unique IDs and encrypted, role-based
- Resilient robots: Advanced object recognition technology to detect UI changes and automatically adapt as needed, saving time on maintenance.
Raffi Margaliot, Micro Focus’ general manager for application delivery management, said: “As we have worked closely the last few years with our customers and partners to leverage test automation for their first RPA projects, it presented a convenient way to evaluate the potential of business-related automation and further prove its value to the organisation. With Micro Focus RPA, we augmented our core capabilities to be purpose built for RPA and we believe our innovations in making automation more resilient to change will deliver a lower TCO compared to existing solutions.”
Brett Roberts, CPO of Kinetic IT, said: “The release of Micro Focus RPA opens up new opportunities to explore and pursue for the benefit of our customers.”
Pricing starts at $15k per robot, with special pricing that extends to Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing and Operations Orchestration customers.